Optical Flares is a plug-in for designing and animating realistic lens flares in After Effects. Build, Edit and Customize Lens Flares with amazing speed and simplicity. This version includes Pro Presets 1 & 2 Add-Ons
- 3D Lens Flares with AE Lights
- Intuitive Design Interface
- Live Visual Preset Library
- Real Texture Support
- Dynamic Triggering Animations
- Chromatic Aberration
- Up to 32 bpc color support
- 12 unique Lens Objects
- 50 custom Lens Objects
- Large Pop-Out Preview window
- Rename, & Rearrange Objects
- Show BG in Preview Window
- Integrated Copy & Paste
- Duplicate Objects & Undo/Redo
- 60 Built-in Presets (included)
- Real Lens Inspired Presets
- Share & Swap Presets
- Save All Settings in One Place
- Save & Reuse Individual Objects
- Expand and Build New Presets
Using Optical Flares
Illuminate your Possiblities
- 3D Animation
- Motion Graphics
- Music Videos
- Graphic Transitions
- Special Effects
- Combine with Particle Effects
Optical Flares Uses:
- Add final touches to Motion Graphics
- Simulate Concert or Stadium Lighting
- Fake Volumetric Lighting
- Build a virtual Light Array for Music Videos
- Accurate Soft Shadows
- Add Realism to your Virtual Sets
- Add Flares to Live Action Footage
- Simulate Visible Atmosphere with Lighting
- Simulate Bright Lights in your scene
- Draw focus to a product or graphic
- Accentuate Highlights or contours
- Generate lens flares from AE 3D lights
- Works with lights exported from your 3D applications
- Create multiple flares with 1 instance of Optical Flares
- Choose to render Flares for specific lights only
- Over 25 built-in textures to choose from
- Use custom layers from your project in a flare
- Auto-rotate textures towards light for realistic movement
- Custom layers can be still or animated
- Particle Noise with Sub-Surface Scattering
- 3D Bend & Twist
- Recreate organic animation with several trigger types
- Create a flash of light as your flare exits the frame
- Iris elements change size as they drift away
- Trigger area can be previewed for precise animations
Dynamic Reflection Maps – Simulate Object Reflection
- Dynamic Spherical Map Ideal for complex objects to simulate near by reflections
- Mirror Surface which works on any flat surfaces and supports blurry reflections
- New Group Folders
- Combine 3D Models in groups
- Transform objects inside
- High Quality preview with reflection
- New Texture Levels control
- Create Primitives objects
- Edit segments and size
- Use as Particle Replicator shape
- Simulate dust & scratches on your lens that becomes visible by the light source. Includes 12 HD lens textures or use your own.
- Obscure layers by alpha or luminance to simulate the light source going behind objects in the foreground. Works with 2D & 3D layers!
- Generate a lens flare from bright spots in your video such as a particle system or matte layer. Control resolution and threshold.
- Animate lens flares along the contour of complex shapes with ease. Great for detailed shapes that would require extra key framing.
- Add smooth flowing shimmer to elements with self-propelling animation. Simply set the amount and speed of the animation. -No Keyframes!
- Simulate realistic color bleeding around the outside of the lens. This effect also helps make the lens flares look more organic & natural.
- Make lights appear more energetic with random light flickering featuring a unique seed for each light source. Choose from smooth or Twitchy.
- Optical Flares renders up to 32 bpc offering high color fidelity as well as enhanced speed with Graphics card acceleration.
- Build stunning lens flares with the use of 12 powerful core objects. These elements offer unmatched flexibility with detailed control settings.
- Control the position of each object with distance, offset and custom translation. These features are essentials to building anamorphic elements.